I-Cube is a private initiative established to promote technological innovation and entrepreneurship within the Romanian university community.
Advisory Group: Boston: Dan Dimancescu – BEH llc
Manuel Costescu – McKinsey
Mircea Gheorghiu – MIT Chemistry Department Val Livada – Weybridge Group George Stefan – Connex Technologies & Polytechnic Univ Bucharest Anton Teodorescu – IBM Dinu Teofilovici – Oracle San Francisco: Dana Beldiman – Carroll, Burdick & McDonough LLP Bucharest: Adrian Amariei – Axonite
Mihai Constantinescu – Luwig Institute (Belgium)
Serban Petrescu – Neuron & Polytechnic Univ of Bucharest
I-Cube is working in partnership with oricum (Romania), a student-founded magazine, to promote participation in the First Annual Innovation Competition – Romania (2006).
FIRST ANNUAL INNOVATION COMPETITION – ROMANIA 2006
1. The competition is student initiated and coordinated by the I-Cube Association, Ioana Ceausu (President)
2. Competition is open to any enrolled university student(s) either as an individual or as a team.
3. The competition rules are prepared by the US Advisory Group with advice to be solicited from $50K Competition (MIT see: www.mit50k.net/index.php) and the MIT Enterprise Forum (see enterpriseforum.mit.edu/)
4. The finals will be held in Bucharest on September18-19/2006 in front of a panel of 3-5 professionals judges in technology and investment. A pre-finals training workshop was held in Bucharest on August 9, 2006.
5. The winner(s) will be invited (one individual from each winning idea) to the United States to present his/her ideas to professional investors and technologists in Boston and San Francisco
6. In the event of outside investor interest, the investment must take place in Romania